Timber export development via Novorossiysk port may be divided into four periods:
• the 1st – from the beginning of timber export via Novorossiysk port till 1928;
• the 2nd – since 1929 till the World War II beginning;
• the 3rd – from after war period till the completion of perestoika;
• the 4th – from the beginning of after “perestroika” period till the nowadays.
Private companies do timber business till the middle of 1926.
The 28th of August, 1926
Joint Stock Company “Exportles” was established. It became the sole distributer of timber goods of the country. Production capacity increased from this moment, export volume in cbm increased by 4.5 times.
the 6th of February, 1930
Exclusive foreign train combine “Exportles” established. The separate port sector with berths and timber yards arranged at Novorossiysk. It named as “Novorossiysk agency of foreign trade association “Exportles” with location – «Timber harbor». Goods were exported to Italy, Turkey, Greece, Iran, Iraque, Algeria,Tunisia.
Since 1934 up to 1937
Novorossiysk port office “Exportles” arranged the whole timber export operations of the USSR South. The office was equipped with import timber carriers, stacker-trucks and other machines; control of production was arranged.
In 1937-1938 volumes of timber export began to reduce due to escalation of tense atmosphere on the eve of the World War II. “Novorossiysk agency of foreign trade association “Exportles” was disestablished in 1940.
Novorossiysk timber trading depot named as “Glavsnables” was established instead of port office. It dealt with timber import from Romania as the repair products for restoration of destroyed by war national economy of USSR. About 45 workers occupied on the company in 1946.
Novorossiysk Timber port was regenerated into Joint Stock Company “Novoroslesexport” in 1992. Volumes of timber export increased, infrastructure developed.Since 2004 the decision was accepted to transform JSC “Novoroslesexport” into the company satisfied international standards.